Saturday 2 October 2010

The new MAC collection- Venomous Villains

I get bored with MAC collections incredibly easily. I am already tired of seeing the Fabulous Feline collection on the MAC homepage. So imagine my excitement when the new collection was unveiled! (The collection is on MAC.com but not MAC.co.uk- which means a bit more waiting for us Brits unfortunately). It is called Venomous Villains and is based on Disney's evil geniuses (we all know them!) I am a self confessed Disney fanatic even if I did find Disneyland disappointing- and I know exactly which pieces I want to get my mitts on! Lets run through them...
^ Cruella De Vil from 101 Dalmatians (I LOVE this film!) Animated by Disney in 1961
The black shadow on the top row is basically MAC's Carbon shadow in different packaging so I won't bother with that.
Ideally I would like to buy 'De Vil shadow' (middle shadow on top row), 'Heartless Lipstick' (the red one, top row, second from left) and 'Wicked Ways' Lip glass (the red one, top row, five from left).
^ Dr Facilier from The Princess and the frog, released in 2009. Fun Fact- I am pretty sure that this is the 1st Disney animation ever to star a black princess!
My Picks- 'Brash and Bold Pigment' (top row, third from left) and 'Resort life' lip glee (Top row, far left). Again there isn't really anything that wows me- but that's not a problem... you'll see why later. Also Dr Facilier has a pocket mirror. I personally think it's a waste of money because I have lots of cheaper, prettier compacts but if you don't and you like this one I don't see any reason not to go for it.
^ Evil Queen from Snow White, released by Disney in 1937
There are probably quite a few dupes in this but I'll have to look closely. My picks are- 'Hot House' lip glass ( top row, fifth from left) and 'Vainglorious Shadow' (top row, far right). Nothing else really appeals to me here as there is nothing completely unique.

^Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, released in 1959 by Disney.
This is what I have been waiting for. I really, really, really hope that they release the nail varnishes in the UK too because for the fabulous felines collection I couldn't find any of the polishes that were on MAC.com. *fingers crossed* I know that MAC polishes have quality issues and they stain the nail beds really easily but I love the look of these polishes so much I would be willing to look past all that. I mean look at them! How gorgeous are they! From left to right the polishes are- 'Bad Fairy',' Formidable!' and 'Mean & Green'.
I love the look of both the mineralised eye shadow quads- the purple one is 'My Dark Magic' and the green and blue one is 'She who dares'. Also the 'Dark Deed' lipstick (top row, second from left) and 'Wrong Spell' lip glass (top row, fifth from left) have caught my eye.

So that's my roundup of the new collection. I can't wait till the UK launch. What are your picks? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment