Saturday 11 September 2010

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara

Hey everyone,
During my flight from Canada back to London I was reading a copy of US magazine and I saw an advert in it for Maybelline's the falsies mascara. I looked at the model's lashes and started to look for the small print disclaimer that said the model was styled with lash inserts and that the picture was enhanced in post production. You know- the usual sneaky stuff but I couldn't actually find a disclaimer. This really excited me- a naive beauty blogger who really does believe in makeup miracles.


^The ad I saw was similar to this...

As soon as I got back to the UK and was reunited once again with my beloved laptop that I had wisely decided not to lug all the way around the world with me (especially in America where they have millions of extra security checks that they insist on doing with laptops) I googled 'Maybelline the falsies review' and trusty makeup alley popped up.

I must say that I was quite surprised that it had gotten a relatively low rating (3.5/5) because although they have the occasional bad product (Matte Mousse, Colossal mascara, etc.) they usually come out on top. Anyway out of all the Make up alley users that tried this product only 56% said they would repurchase.

The reviews were mixed but the good ones really raved about how great the product was so I was convinced and am now going to buy and try. I have high expectations for this product so it better not disappoint!

Read the reviews here-Makeup Alley

That's all for now folks,

TheBeautyBlogger x

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Your back! I am hoping to try this mascara some time in the next week, I love love love maybelline mascaras, they usually turn out pretty well. I have heard this mascara flakes off, but I still want to try it. Keep posting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am so glad to be back! I missed you guys like crazy and also not writing on my blog for so long was hard- it's like an addiction!

    ReplyDelete