Saturday 24 July 2010

Overhyped and Underwhelmed. Read the original here.

I am doing this post in response to one that the lovely Laura (Lollipop26) did a while ago that I quite liked. It was 'Over hyped and Underwhelmed'. As well as letting you know what I have loved it's also important that you all know what I didn't like so that you don't fall into the trap too. I'm gonna get started...


Diorshow Mascara

I paid £17 for this after countless rave reviews. I believed them. Wrong. For £17 I would expect an amazing result- this was drugstore level. So, whilst I don't hate it- I do feel it's over hyped and overpriced. It was also very flaky.






Maybelline Matte Mousse
My god, was this over hyped or not? I read numerous hyped up review about this-it gives that airbrushed look' blah, blah, blah. So ever the naive little girl I rushed out to the store to get my own. OMG. I couldn't find a good match in colour so I picked up the closest one but when I tried it, it was patchy, streaky, it faded and broke me out in spots. Maybelline, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Not impressed. At all.


Maybelline Colossal Lash Mascara

Another Maybelline product to complain about- The Colossal lash mascara. I read tonnes of good reviews about this so I went to get it. It wasn't too expensive - I can't remember the actual price but I still felt that it was a waste of my money. It was clumpy, flaky and completely and utterly gross. Sorry Maybelline- it's just not a good day for you today =)


MAC Dazzleglasses

I do think that MAC in general is hugely over hyped but I think that it is 1/2 of their marketing strategy. (And did you know that MAC was owned by ESTEE LAUDER??). Anyway, I ordered my Dazzleglass and when I got it I was really excited to try it. It was bad. It was sticky, way too shiny and I hated the brush. I was really shocked by this because literally every beauty guru on YT swears by this and for the enormous price tag (£14.50 for a lip gloss? I don't think so) I was massively let down. I have had £5 glosses that were better than these. Anyway, I could complain all day so I think we need to move on.

So those are my Over hyped and Underwhelmed products. What are yours? Comment below!

Lots of love,

TheBeautyBlogger x

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you about hyping up products being 1/2 of MAC's marketing strategy. So true. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really pissed off with MAC right now because I have just recieved a whole batch of products I hate (and I spent a lot of money too). There may be a little rant in order.
    I'm glad you liked the post though =)
    TheBeautyBlogger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post! I was going to buy the Collosil Mascara you mentioned and I am so glad I didnt! I think I will stick with sephora's stuff!

    ReplyDelete